Thursday, March 12, 2015

Night Women

This week I want to talk about the short story we read and analyzed in class called "Night Women". When I first read the title of this story it made me think of prostitution, Which as I read it I figured that my accusation was correct.

I feel that this mother is trying to do her best without her son finding out the true meaning of everything that she has told her son. She plays along in what seems to be a type of game but that doesn't exactly mean anything. She has "regulars" that come to her week end and week out. They bring her and her son things, like her son was brought a radio type thing that was like the shape of a can of cola. She was constantly brought flowers and they even flirt with her as soon as they get into the house.

She is barely making ends meet but with the resources that she has, or at least are given by these men, are just enough for her to squeeze by. I hate the situation especially with her having a son and the living situations but she seems to know exactly what has to be done to make everything work.

No comments:

Post a Comment